Currently we are looking for an animal research technician to join our young and dynamic international team working on challenging research projects in shrimp aquaculture. Working alongside other scientific staff you will support our research activities through daily shrimp care, monitoring, recording and reporting on various shrimp health parameters.
Your tasks among others will include:
- Feeding the shrimp and monitoring of various shrimp health parameters
- Preparation of shrimp feed
- Reporting through collection and entry of data into the electronic database
- Daily maintenance and support of shrimp breeding facilities
- Carrying out shrimp breeding procedures
- Carrying out various experimental trial procedures, including preparation and clearing up of experimental facilities
- Contributing to optimisation of existing standard operating procedures and work instructions.
REQUIRED CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Bachelor degree in biology related study fields
- Experience in aquaculture is a plus
- Flexible, proactive and motivated
- Solution oriented
- Eye for detail, precision
- Resilience and strong sence of responsibility
- Willing to work on weekend rotation (1-2 weekends per month)
- Good spoken English
- Driver license
If you think you are a good match for our requirements, then please send us your CV and short motivation letter to HR@imaqua.eu
Closing date for applications 30 November 2020.